The Analytical division provides a competitive research program and curriculum in the field of Analytical Chemistry. The research focuses on materials analysis, electrochemistry, mass spectrometry, modeling, and sensing. The divisional faculty are truly interdisciplinary, coupling their research to material science, environmental studies, forensics, biotechnology, photonics, and the semiconductor industry.
Analytical faculty members include:
- Dr. William Acree: Analytical and physical application of gas-liquid chromatography; solubility in complex systems; thermodynamics of organic functional groups in aqueous and nonaqueous solutions; spectroscopic properties of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; lyotropic liquid crystals.
- Dr. Oliver Chyan: Interfacial Electrochemistry; Semiconductor Materials Chemistry; Renewable Energy.
- Dr. Francis D'Souza: Anaytical supramolecular chemistry; carbon nanomaterials; photoelectrochemistry and photovoltaics; epectroanalysis; electrochemical and photochemical sensors and biosensors; ultrafast laser
- Dr. Teresa Golden: Materials and bioanalytical chemistry which include; electrodeposition of nanomaterials; chromatography; corrosion protection coatings; forensic investigations.
- Dr. Jeffry Kelber: Analytical Chemistry, Physical Chemistry; Material Science, Surface Science.
- Dr. Guido Verbeck: Analytical Chemistry; Mass Spectrometry; Instrument Development.