Welcome to the list of open positions in the Department of Chemistry at UNT.
The department invites applications for the following positions:
- Scientific Instrument Technician--This purpose of this position is to oversee the instrument and equipment repair needs of the Chemistry and Biology departments, and to coordinate building maintenance for the Chemistry Building.
- Senior Instructional Lab Supervisor - This position will lead a team of Instruction Lab Supervisors who are responsible for coordinating the material and equipment needs of undergraduate laboratory courses in the UNT Chemistry Department. Duties include supervising instrument operation and student training in the Department of Chemistry Shared Teaching Instrument Laboratory, supervising and maintaining material needs and instrumentation in undergraduate instructional laboratories, preparing and presenting demonstrations for undergraduate chemistry classes, and supervising a staff of three Instructional Lab Supervisors.
- Instructional Lab Supervisor - The purpose of this position is to supervise and maintain the material, equipment, and instrumentation needs in the undergraduate laboratory courses in the Department of Chemistry. Duties include supervising graduate student preppers associated with the General Chemistry and some upper-level (analytical, inorganic and instrumental) chemistry lab, performing inventory control of chemicals in these laboratories, instructing teaching assistants and students in use of laboratory equipment and instruments for lab courses, and assisting in chemical demonstrations when needed.
- Assistant Professor in Chemistry Education Research - We invite applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Chemistry position specializing in Chemistry Education Research, to begin September 1, 2023. Candidates should hold a Ph.D., record of published research in chemistry education, a strong commitment to research and teaching, compelling plans for an independent research program, and the desire to collaborate with current chemistry education research faculty as well as utilize existing discipline-based education research resources across campus. Review of applications will begin November 1, 2022 and will continue until the position is filled.
- Assistant Professor in Computational/Theoretical Chemistry - We invite applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Chemistry position in Computational or Theoretical Chemistry, to begin September 1, 2023. Candidates should have a Ph.D. in Chemistry or a related area, a record of published research in computational/theoretical chemistry, and compelling ideas for an independent, nationally/internationally visible research program. Review of applications will begin November 1, 2022 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applications may be submitted by visiting the UNT jobs site (https://jobs.untsystem.edu/) and searching for positions in the Chemistry department (UNT-Chemistry) or by clicking the links above.