Fall 2017 seminar schedule
Unless otherwise noted, seminars are held on Friday from
3:30-4:20 p.m. in CHEM 109
9/1 Michael Richmond, UNT
9/8 No Seminar
- 9/15 Jared Anderson, Iowa State University
"Exploiting the Versatility of Ionic Liquid-based Materials in Analytical Separations"
- 9/22 Elena Jakubikova, North Carolina State University
"Fe(II) chromophores + TiO2 + light = electricity: Designing iron-based sensitizers with computational chemistry"
- 9/29 John Berry, University of Wisconsin-Madison
"Chemistry of Reactive Intermediates: Transition Metal Oxo, Nitrido, and Nitrene Species"
- 10/6 Janarthanan Jayawickramarajah, Tulane University
"Functional Supramolecular Systems Based on Host-Guest Interactions and Nucleic Acid Chemistry"
- 10/13 Todd Hudnall, Texas State University
"Electrophilic Carbenes: Tales of Main Group Chemistry, Radicals, and Photochemistry"
- 10/20 Jiyong Lee, The University of Texas at Dallas
"Phenotypic cell-binding screens for chemical probe discovery"
- 10/27 Shengqian Ma, University of South Florida
"Nanospace within Metal-Organic Frameworks: Plenty of Room for Imagination"
- 11/3 Michael Doyle, The University of Texas at San Antonio
"New Constructions of Heterocycles and Carbocycles by Cycloaddition"
- 11/10 Rajendra Rathore, Marquette University
"Long-range electron and energy transfer in molecular wires"
- 11/17 Isaac Garcia-Bosch, Southern Methodist University
"Bioinspired Cu-promoted functionalization of C-H bonds"
11/24 Thanksgiving Holiday -- No Seminar
- 12/1 Yihan Shao, The University of Oklahoma
"Are We Doing Too Much Computation?"
12/8 Reading Day -- No Seminar