Spring 2018 seminar schedule
Unless otherwise noted, seminars are held on Friday from
3:30-4:20 p.m. in CHEM 109
- 1/19 Laurel Schafer, University of British Columbia "Using N,O to get to Yes! Early Transition Metal Complexes for the Catalytic Synthesis of Amines and Amine-Containing Materials"
- 1/22 Suong Guo, The University of Southern Mississippi "The interplay between aggregation and chemical doping of conjugated polymers"
- SPECIAL DATE & LOCATION: MONDAY, JANUARY 22 IN CHEM 106, 3:30PM
- 1/26 Junha Jeon, The University of Texas at Arlington "Catalysis for Organosilanes"
- 1/29 William Peters, University of Colorado, Boulder "Coincidence Spectroscopy with Ultrafast Vacuum-UV Lasers"
- SPECIAL DATE & LOCATION: MONDAY, JANUARY 29 IN CHEM 106, 3:30PM
- 2/1 Leah Dodson, University of Colorado, Boulder Title TBA
- SPECIAL DATE & LOCATION: THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 1 IN CHEM 106, 2:00PM
- 2/2 Joseph Oppong, UNT Toulouse Graduate School "Responsible Conduct of Research"
- 2/9 TBA, Title TBA
- 2/16 TBA, Title TBA
- 2/23 James Blakemore, The University of Kansas "Coordination Chemistry and Catalysis with Pentamethylcyclopentadiene (Cp*H) Complexes of Rhodium"
- 3/2 Mike Krische, The University of Texas at Austin "Hydrogen-Mediated C-C Bond Formation"
- 3/9 Qin Wu, Brookhaven National Laboratory "Theory and Applications of Density-Base Energy Decomposition Analysis (DEDA)"
- 3/16 Spring Break - No Seminar
- 3/23 Skye Fortier, The University of Texas at El Paso "Metastable Metal Complexes Supported by Guanidinate Ligands"
- 3/30 Good Friday - No Seminar
- 4/5 Anna Krylov, University of Southern California "Tackling Strong Correlation"
- SPECIAL DATE & LOCATION: TBA
- 4/6 Anna Krylov, University of Southern California Davidson Lecture: "Photoinduced Chemistry in Bioimaging: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly"
- 4/13 Milton R. Smith, Michigan State Title TBA
- 4/20 Angel Martí, Rice University Title TBA
- 4/27 Graduate Student Research Day - 3rd Year Talks (Schedule and rooms to be announced)
- 5/4 Reading Day - No Seminar