Applications for Fall are due December 31 for priority admission review. After February 1, admission offers will vary depending on program space available.
Our program is designed for students to begin in Fall, although Spring admission is granted on a case by case basis; there is not a guarantee that there will be openings for Spring. We do not accept students starting in the Summer.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
A complete application consists of:
- Transcripts from all universities you have attended. Unofficial transcripts may be uploaded for temporary review. If you have multiple transcripts, please merge the files or scan all pages into one big file in order to upload the transcripts one time.
- Domestic students must submit official transcripts to the Toulouse Graduate School. The easiest way to get this done is to have the registrar's office at your school send official electronic transcripts to GradAdmission@unt.edu
- International students do not need to submit official transcripts to the Toulouse Graduate School. All applications from international students can be processed with copies of transcripts. International students must submit copies of all transcripts *and* all diplomas along with an official English translation.
More information about transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
What is a Statement of Purpose?
- GRE scores. The Chemistry Department is no longer requiring the GRE for admissions. If you would like to submit test scores, you may, but it is not required.
- 3 letters of recommendation are required, with at least two from faculty in Chemistry or closely related fields.*
*Please instruct your recommenders to submit their letters on university or company letterhead to CHEMrecommendation@unt.edu.
- International Student requirements: Proof of English language proficiency. Your level of proficiency achievement on standardized tests determines level of department support.
How do I show proof?
Our application process has two steps. After gathering all materials, applicants should do the following:
- Step 1: Complete the Department of Chemistry Application.*
*Please note that there is no fee to complete the departmental application.
- Ensure all application materials, including letters of recommendation, are received. You may email CHEMinquiry@unt.edu to request an update on the status of your application.
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Step 2: Complete the UNT Toulouse Graduate School application: ApplyTexas.org*
*Do NOT submit this application until you have been officially accepted into the Chemistry Program.
- The $75 application fee is waived for applicants with a degree from a US institution who have completed the departmental application and who have been accepted into the program.
- NOTE: The Toulouse Graduate School may require that some items be mailed. All items are to be mailed to the addresses below:
- For paperwork sent via the USPS -
- 1155 Union Circle #305459, Denton, TX 76203-5459
- For paperwork sent via UPS/FedEx -
- 1147 Union Circle, ESSC 354, Denton, TX 76203-5459
- If you have any questions about the Toulouse Graduate School Application, please contact them directly at GraduateSchool@unt.edu or 940-565-2383.
- During the Covid-19 pandemic, the Toulouse Graduate School is minimizing contact by accepting copies of documents via email at GradAdmission@unt.edu. You must present the official, physical copies when you arrive.
- For paperwork sent via the USPS -
NOTE: When completing the application, in order to not pay the fee, you will need to click on the "check and money order" option to submit the application.
Please contact CHEMinquiry@unt.edu with any questions.