Thank you for applying to the 2016 UNT Chemistry NSF-REU program. We look forward to reviewing your application packet.
The application packet consists of the online application, personal statement discussing research interests and career goals, transcript from your current institution, and two (2) recommendations from college/university faculty in the sciences (such as Chemistry, Biology or Mathematics). An optional third letter can be included from anyone outside of this group, but must describe your potential for research.
- The two (2) recommendations from college/university faculty in the sciences must come from your course instructors (past or present) and/or research advisors, not academic advisors, lab instructors, employers, etc.
- Graduate students and Post-Doctoral Fellows are NOT considered college/university faculty.
- Lecturers and instructors are not automatically considered college/university faculty. We will require verification from the recommender’s academic department concerning his/her college/university faculty status (preferably from the department chair).
Important notes regarding the application:
- Once submitted, you are not able to update your application. If updates are needed, please send the changes to Shawn Adams, email@example.com.
- The personal statement and transcript are submitted as part of the online application. If needed, you are able to submit the application without the personal statement and/or transcript, although your application will be considered incomplete. Once you have either document, return to this page and submit the document using the appropriate link below.
- Once your application is submitted, your recommenders will automatically receive an email containing a link to the online recommendation form. Please make them aware to expect an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please notify Shawn Adams, email@example.com, if the recommenders do not receive the email within 3 business days.
- Please note that the information you provide in this application may be used for statistical analysis to help with the continued growth and vitality of summer research programs for undergraduate students. All of the information that you provide will remain confidential. At the end of the application, you will have the opportunity to withhold the information on this application form from the statistical analysis. Choosing to withhold the information will have no bearing on your application.
Important notes regarding program participation:
- Participants are required to provide proof of medical insurance prior to the start of the program and to maintain medical insurance coverage throughout the duration of the program. Failure to provide proof of insurance will result in revocation of the participation offer. Failure to maintain medical insurance coverage throughout the duration of the program will result in immediate expulsion from the program.
- Participants are not allowed to work outside of the program. Failure to abide by this rule will result in immediate expulsion from the program.
The application deadline is Tuesday, March 1, 2016, although we will accept applications until all positions are filled. Priority will be given to applications received by the March 1 deadline. Recommendations and any missing application documents need to be submitted as soon as possible.
2016 NSF-REU Application: http://chemistry.unt.edu/node/add/nsfreu-application
2016 NSF-REU Personal Statement: http://chemistry.unt.edu/node/add/nsfreu-personal-statement
2016 NSF-REU Transcript: http://chemistry.unt.edu/node/add/nsfreu-transcript-submition.
Please contact Shawn Adams if you have any questions or concerns, firstname.lastname@example.org or 940-565-4372.